The Importance of Regular Oil Changes
Few things are guaranteed to extend the life of your vehicle, but keeping up with regular oil changes is most assuredly one of them. For a relatively small amount of time and money, regular oil changes will significantly reduce the risk of engine trouble for the entire lifespan of your vehicle. They are the very definition of preventative maintenance – a routine service that helps one avoid often costly future fixes. Ever wonder why regular oil changes are important for the safe operation of your vehicle? The following are just a few reasons why ignoring this preventative maintenance could damage your engine and ultimately kill your car.
- Oil Stress – When oil is not changed regularly, it will eventually break down due to both temperature and the stress our vehicle puts on the lubricant daily. This breakdown degrades the quality of the oil until it no longer acts as any kind of lubricant at all, the result being friction within the engine that will eventually damage both its effectiveness and the parts within. Ignoring oil changes persistently will result in eventual engine failure.
- Filter clogs – During your oil change, one of our service experts will replace your oil filter. This is key for the proper distribution of oil throughout your vehicle. Not only does it allow clean oil through, but this filter keeps build up and sludge out of the engine. If this filter becomes completely clogged, the engine will seize and ultimately fail.
- Corrosion – Old oil circulated throughout the engine again and again also spreads corrosion thanks to dirt, dust, and even water accumulation over time. These outside influencers may break down the internal parts of the engine after constant abuse. This is another catalyst for future engine failure.
- Cracks or Leaks – Repeat use of old oil may cause cracks or leaks within the engine due to debris circulation. The end result could cause additional coolants or even gasoline to leak into the oil, a mixture which is toxic to the engine’s performance and could vastly shorten the life of your car.
During your oil change at Quality Auto Care, not only will we ensure that you have the top quality oil your vehicle requires, but we will also perform a complete review of your vehicle to ensure that you are safe on the road as we transition into spring. It is recommended that you change your oil every 3,000 miles or three months, whichever comes first. Allow our team of experts to service your vehicle with the utmost care as you relax with a hot cup of coffee. If you need to get back on the road while we work, take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to get you to and from either work or home. Let us minimize any interruption to your typical daily schedule with flexible transportation options. It’s our goal to make any service as easy as possible for you, our most valued customer. Contact us today to schedule your next oil change. We look forward to your visit!
- To provide you with a good value for the services we perform and to respect your budget
- To be an active member in the Wheat Ridge community